New York, October 26, 2022 – As part of the Private Equity Wire US Awards, Dyal Capital, a division of Blue Owl, has been named “Best Overall Fundraising: Growth” for 2022.
Compiled in conjunction with Bloomberg, the Private Equity Wire US Awards recognize excellence among private equity fund managers and service providers in the US across a range of categories.
As the publication describes, “Voted for by participants within the private equity industry itself, the awards are a badge of honour – marking recognition and respect among peers, advisors and counterparties.” The award was presented at Private Equity Wire’s ceremony in New York on October 26.
Launched in 2007, Private Equity Wire publishes PE news and features for LPs and GPs as well as their service providers, issuing daily news over its website as well as features, reports, research, awards and events for the global PE industry.
Private Equity Wire – Methodology for Award
The pre-selection data for the GP fund manager shortlists was provided by Bloomberg. Candidates in all categories and asset size groupings were determined as follows:
- The fund manager universe included all funds managed by US-headquartered GPs. All funds in each category were grouped into their respective vintages and ranked on the basis of their net IRRs as of the end of May 2022.
- For the performance categories, five vintages of funds were analysed – 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. All GPs that had more than one fund ranked among the top performers across those five vintages were shortlisted for that category.
- For the asset band groupings, asset thresholds were based on the respective individual fund sizes – not the overall assets under management of the GP in that category.
- For the fundraising categories, GPs were ranked on the total raised in each respective strategy category for 2019, 2020, and 2021 vintage funds.
- For the serviceprovider categories, the nominated firms are based on a widespread survey of more than 100 GPs and other key industry participants.
- Nominations for all categories are based on annualised performance over a 12-month period from May 31, 2021 to May 31, 2022. Nominations in various award categories are further split by size and strategy as specified in the award name.
- Managers will only be considered for selection if they report performance data to Bloomberg. To find out more about this process, please contact: email@example.com.
Accolades are independently determined and awarded by their respective publications. Accolades can be based on a variety of criteria including recognition by peers, demonstrated leadership, strategy innovation, deal making skills and more. Neither Blue Owl nor its employees pay a fee in exchange for these ratings. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.