NEW YORK, November 11, 2020 -- As part of the Private Equity Wire US Awards, Dyal Capital Partners has been named “Best Growth Manager” (fund size above $1B) for 2020.
Each year, the readers of PE Wire acknowledge the leading firms and service providers in the US private equity industry. After initial nominations, readers vote on a select group of finalists in each category.
As the publication describes, “The GP nominee shortlists, along with those for the service provider categories, were then voted on by the industry. This means that winning a Private Equity Wire award constitutes a vote of recognition from your peers and a significant mark of achievement, particularly so in this extraordinary year.”
The winners were invited to a virtual awards networking ceremony that included a welcome address from Private Equity Wire managing editor, James Williams, and a keynote speech by Michael Rees, managing director and Head of Dyal Capital Partners.
Michael Rees, Head of Dyal Capital Partners said, “We’re honored to be recognized in this year’s awards – and our sincere thanks to PE Wire, our Partner Managers, and Dyal investors.”
As part of this year’s awards, Dyal has been included in the 'GP Spotlight 2020' special report, featuring an interview with Michael Rees on building lasting partnerships with leading GPs.
Launched in 2007, Private Equity Wire publishes PE news and features for LPs and GPs as well as their service providers, issuing daily news over its website as well as features, reports, research, awards, and events for the global PE industry.
Dyal Capital Partners was selected to be on a shortlist of nominees for the awards referenced above based on Bloomberg data of 12-month performance in the period leading up to these awards and was selected as the winner of the awards through a voting process by thousands of Private Equity Wire readers. The selection of Dyal to receive the awards was based in part on subjective criteria and a limited universe of candidates, and therefore there can be no assurance that a different global edit team or voters might not have selected other firms or transactions as the winners. The information provided above is solely for informational purposes. Awards and ratings may not be representative of a particular Neuberger Berman investor’s experience and readers should not view such information as representative of any investor’s experience or assume that they will have a similar investment experience as any previous or existing investor. Awards and ratings should not be construed, or relied upon, as any indication of the past or future performance of any Neuberger Berman product or service, including Dyal Capital Partners, or any of its funds. The award does not constitute an investment recommendation and Dyal Capital Partners did not pay a fee to participate in this award.
Private Equity Wire – Methodology for Award
1. The pre-selection data for the GP fund manager shortlists was provided by Bloomberg. Candidates in all categories and asset size groupings were determined as follows:
2. The fund manager universe included all funds managed by US-headquartered GPs.
3. All funds in each category were grouped into their respective vintages and ranked on the basis of their net IRR as of the end of December 2019.
4. For all categories, five vintages of funds were analyzed – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
5. All GPs that had more than one fund ranked among the top performers across those five vintages were shortlisted for that category.
6. For all categories, the minimum fund size was set at $100 million.
7. For the asset band groupings, asset thresholds were based on the respective individual fund sizes – not the overall assets under management of the GP in that category.