Together, we’re creating the future for alternatives
Through the combination of Dyal Capital and Owl Rock, Blue Owl was formed to offer attractive financing and capital solutions to investment management firms and their portfolio companies. As the firm continues to grow and expand our capabilities, we remain singularly focused on providing investors access to attractive risk-adjusted returns across strategies.
The majority of Blue Owl’s assets are considered permanent capital, a differentiator that enables our teams to cultivate long-standing partnerships with the organizations in which we invest and provide the confidence and resources necessary to support sustainable, long-term growth and value creation.
As we move forward as one, Blue Owl will continue to rely on the strength of its human capital to deliver an innovative and comprehensive suite of financial solutions to both the broader alternative asset management industry and the investors that it serves.
Dyal Capital Platform Highlights
Dyal has been an innovator in building diversified portfolios of minority equity investments in institutionalized alternative asset management firms across multiple strategies, geographies and asset classes since 2010. Founder Michael Rees marshaled a senior management team that averages 18 years of experience and more than a decade of working together in the GP capital solutions business.
- An industry-leading capital provider with $35.9 billion in assets under management
- A proven track record, having completed over 60 equity and debt transactions
- Deep and extensive relationships across the alternative asset management ecosystem
Oak Street Platform Highlights
Oak Street has established itself as a leader in direct and indirect real estate investing, specializing in sale-leaseback transactions with investment grade and creditworthy tenants across multiple asset classes and geographies. Founder Marc Zahr has led Oak Street since its founding in 2009 in providing unique and flexible real estate solutions to a variety of organizations and entities.
- An industry-leading private equity real estate business with $12.4 billion in assets under management
- Primarily focused on acquiring properties net-leased to investment grade and creditworthy entities, and a provider of strategic capital solutions
- Established proprietary origination platform that has completed over 100 transactions
Owl Rock Platform Highlights
Owl Rock, one of the foremost direct lenders to middle and upper-middle-market businesses backed by leading financial sponsors, was established in 2016. Its founders, Doug Ostrover, Marc Lipschultz and Craig Packer, have more than 25 years of experience each building successful credit, underwriting and alternative investment businesses.
- An industry-leading direct lending business with $34.6 billion in assets under management
- Focused on lending to middle- and upper-middle-market companies backed by leading private equity sponsors
- Demonstrated ability to source proprietary investment opportunities with over $43 billion in originations since inception
Our Shared Values
We hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct. We acknowledge everyone’s unique contributions and in challenging situations, listen to understand.
We strive to operate always at the highest standard and deliver the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders; we are constantly analyzing our performance to learn from our successes and our mistakes.
We invite alternative points of view. As a firm, we encourage thoughtful, intentional, and honest opinions.
We pride ourselves in our strong alignment with all our stakeholders, including investors, borrowers, partner managers, employees and others. We act in the highest interest of the Blue Owl ecosystem and work across functions for greater outcomes to deliver value for all of these groups.